Monday, August 20, 2012

It got dark in here

Or is that just the shadow of that shoe dropping on my head?

How do you start "the" conversation? "Honey, we need to talk. I know everything has seemed 'ok' over the last few months. But it's time for me to be honest. I just don't have the same feelings you do. I've tried to be 'the husband'. But it's just not working. I get depressed. Then I take it out on you. It's not fair to you"

I've had this conversation in my head a thousand times. Then I ask myself, where the fuck can you go? How the fuck can you afford to live? What happens if you realize this is a horrible mistake. Your judgement is clouded. There are some things you just can't take back. Is separation one of those?

I have this feeling I'll never get to have the conversation that way. Sandy and I have been.. cool at best. Ever since the night we almost had sex, it has been completely, and totally platonic. To the point where I feel like I'm the only "friend" in this friendship. But that's ok for now and another depressing post for another time.

Yesterday, I went to the range for some practice. Sandy and I are going to a big event. We're both scrambling for last minute adjustments to equipment etc. I met her at our usual spot and we rode together. We spent about 2 hours practicing. After we stopped at a little bar on the way back to her car for a quick drink.

No hanky panky. Purely platonic. As we walked in the bar I noticed out of the corner of my eye, two of Mrs' friends sitting in a booth. Actually, it's a little more complicated than that. Two of Mrs' friends, one of whom I actually dated before Mrs. They did not see me.

I steered Sandy to the other side of the bar far far away from them. We had a couple of drinks. 30 minutes-1 hour tops. I paid, we started to leave. I chose another door away from the friends. As I stepped outside, RIGHT in front of me was friend #1's car. Friend #2 was about 30 yards to the Left. They were talking across the parking lot. Sandy and I had to pass between them.

I kind of lowered my head behind the bill of my hat. But they both probably got a good look at the side of my face.

Sandy and I got in the car. I drove her back to her vehicle and went home.

I guess this will probably force a conversation. Shit.

No comments: