Sunday, October 28, 2012

The straw

Broke the back last night.

I had plans to do a lot of stuff yesterday. Unfortunately, a hurricane threw enough weather our way to wreck most of it. Instead I went to the store, grabbed a TON of junk food and beer, then watched football all day.

We were supposed to go to a party last night. In our last conversation, I told Mrs I couldn't stand the sight of our "friends" any more. True of most people I hang out with actually. Symptomatic of my current funk. But we only see these people once, maybe twice a year. I just don't have anything in common and don't have the energy to pretend I do. But Mrs is still close to a few of them. To top it off, Mrs' mother is in poor health. She isn't capable of watching C for us anymore. I made the sacrifice (sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on it) and offered to stay home and watch C.

Awesome. So I have beer, junk food, a laptop, porn, maybe some internet lovelies who would be up for some mischief.

Then around 5pm Mrs said "I'm not going". This shouldn't have irked me. But it did. I was looking forward to alone time. I kept after her. "But these are your friends. You should go. Why not go have some fun". She still said no.

I retreated to my Man cave to watch more football. Around 7pm she walked in the cave, in costume, and asked me to run to the store to pick up an accessory for her. I was very surprised she changed her mind. And if it meant alone time, then I would go to the store for her.

Around 8:30 she finally left. C went to bed around 10. I grabbed the laptop and started surfing around, seeing who was out there. Then at 11, I heard the door open. Mrs came home. With drive time, she was at the party at most, 2 hours.

Fuck.

I was still watching the ND/OU game while catching up on scores on the laptop (since porn was now out). Mrs washed off her makeup. She came out of the bathroom in her PJ top and nothing on the bottom. I knew what was going to happen next. She flopped in the bed, shoved her face in front of mine pushing the laptop away and started trying to kiss me.

I don't know why, I guess it's the ultimate sign of things. But I REALLY did not want to have sex. Period. She wouldn't let up. Finally I pushed her off and said "not now".

She jumped out of the bed, stormed out of the room and slammed the door.

At that very moment, I knew it's time.

I picked up the laptop and my phone and went to our spare bedroom. Which, btw, is trashed with her clutter (major sore spot). She came storming in. There was much arguing and yelling. But really, what is there to say. Actually, she argued and yelled. I didn't say anything but please get out.

Not sure what else to say. There's a lot of things, painful, to do.

No comments: